There are always questions flying round about Windows vs Mac What’s frequently missing from the conversation is Linux for desktop.
Here’s my fabulous Linux desktop setup: (KDE Neon desktop and Darktable images are actual desktop snapshots)
- KDE Neon Linux OS – https://neon.kde.org
- Davinci Resolve Studio for video (amazing software used in Hollywood) – https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/
- Darktable Photo Editor – http://darktable.org
- GIMP Image Editor – https://www.gimp.org
- #Inkscape (Vector graphics) – https://inkscape.org
KDE Neon Linux integrates with cloud accounts and storage and is so reliable and functional!
- AS Rock x370 TaiChi motherboard
- AMD Ryzen 7-2700 CPU
- Gigabyte NVIDIA 1050Ti graphics card
- 32Gb fast RAM.
- 1 x SSD for the OS
- 1 x SSD for cache
- 1 x SSD for video work files (intensive)
- 1 x large HDD for photos and consulting work
- Backup drives!
- Google’s Workspace Cloud (https://workspace.google.com)